Solar O&M Manager
Qualification : (desired skills and experience)
Graduate Engineer (Electrical/Electronics/any relevant field)
- More than 02 years experience in Solar Plant O&M, asset management and service management.
- Minimum of 3 years electrical construction or electrical maintenance experience in a management role. Solar PV experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of how to interface with and understand various communication devices that operate under the TCP and Modbus protocols.
- Advanced electrical troubleshooting skills including AC/DC ground faults, communication issues, switch gear trips, and generic PV equipment failures.
- Advanced customer experience skills. Ability to make the customer comfortable and included in the process of maintaining and servicing their solar power plant.
- Computer skills. O&M manager will need advanced computer skills to operate quickly and efficiently with various utility programs, Microsoft Office/Google Docs, Adobe Acrobat, DWG viewer, and various DAS platforms.
- Teamwork – ability to work with a team / other experts to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to read, understand electrical, civil, and structural plans.
- Problem solving and implementing site-specific procedures to increase plant uptime.
- Analytical – Must be able to analyze problem scenarios and make quick intelligent decisions.
- Understanding of logistics and operations in a service environment.
- Strong understanding of the CEA Standards/ NEC /IEC codes and the ability to reference the code as required
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the construction of the project at the site being undertaken by the EPC contractor, monitoring the pace and the quality of the construction as per the IEC/IS standards.
- Managing the O&M agreements to follow O&M best practices and achieving the operational efficiency during the project operation
- Verification of electrical calculations as well as field verification, conduct site safety assessments and identify all safety hazards on job-site, documentation of all non-conforming issues found after an inspection.
- May need to handle multiple sites at a time.
- Managing the performance of preventative maintenance of upto 100MW of solar power.
- Responding to and resolving customer warranty problems.
- Performing troubleshooting and remediation measures on site to increase plant uptime.
- Interfacing with SCADA/DAS system to understand communication problems on site.
- Interfacing with Power components (Inverter, Recombiner, Combiner box, PV module) to solve production problems.
- Inputting detailed case and maintenance data into CRM/ ERP software.
- Primary client touch point and responsible for client expectation management for controlled regions.
- Communicating trends in troubleshooting and maintenance to the O&M department to improve processes.
- Passion for electrical power systems and keeping them operational.
You can still apply for this position and we will get back when we have an opening.